State of Hawaii testing requirements
Follow Joyce and her family as they share their experiences traveling to and vacationing in the reopened Hawaii! Here's everything you need to know to prepare you for your Hawaii vacation during COVID-19.
Register with Safe Travels
Each adult guest must create an account – CLICK HERE for Safe Travels web site.
Once registered, you'll use this account to:
- Create your traveler profile
- Enter your trip details
- Upload your COVID-19 test results (PDF format)
- Take the mandatory travel health questionnaire no more than 24 hours before your flight
Travelers are not subject to the State of Hawaii's 14-day self-quarantine requirement if all travelers in the party ages 5 and older can provide a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Only test results from trusted testing partners approved by the Hawaii Department of Health will be accepted.
View a complete list of testing partners - CLICK HERE
- Test must taken no more than 72 hours prior to the departure of your Hawaii-bound flight.
- Once you have received the results of your test, upload them to your Safe Travels account.
- Complete your mandatory travel health questionnaire no more than 24 hours before your flight.
The state of Hawaii will ONLY accept Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) lab test results from trusted testing and travel partners: AFC Urgent Care Portland, Bartell Drugs, Carbon Health, City Health Urgent Care, Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, Color, CVS Health, Diagnostic Laboratory Services (Hawaii), Discovery Health MD, Hawaii Pacific Health, Kaiser Permanente, Minit Medical, Quest Diagnostics, Urgent Care Hawaii, Vault Health and Walgreen
- Once you receive your negative pre-travel test result, you will need to upload the result to your Safe Travels Hawai‘i account. This step is crucial, as it will be the only means for airport officials to verify your Safe Travel Hawai‘i information upon your arrival in Hawai‘i.
- Upon your completion of the form, a QR code will be emailed to you for each leg of your trip.
- Upon deplaning in Hawai‘i, you will be asked to present your QR code to airport personnel either on paper or on your mobile phone, along with a legally valid photo ID.
- If your test results are not yet available when you arrive in Hawai‘i, you will need to quarantine at your accommodations until the test results are received.
Island of Hawaii: Mandatory secondary COVID test at the airport for no fee. Temperature check, and review of health form and trip details.
Travel Requirements – Flowchart - CLICK HERE
You can only make an appointment 2 days out Requires 72 hours from the final leg of departure so if you are traveling nonstop from SAN to final destination then you have 72 hours from your departure time.
Experience Joyce's Hawaii adventure with pictures and videos! Click on the links below
Here's everything you need to know to prepare you for your Hawaii vacation during COVID-19.
Each adult guest must create an account on the Safe Travels web site.
Only test results from trusted testing partners approved by the Hawaii Department of Health will be accepted..
Traveling to Hawaii and between the Hawaiian Islands. Guidelines for International Travel to Hawaii.
Everything that you need to know about flying into Hawaii from domestic US airports.
© Copyright 2021. All Rights Reserved. Kahala Travel.